Saturday, June 6, 2009

June 4, 2009

Hello family!

Well, another week has gone by. It's really weird how time feels as a missionary. It seems like it drags on forever during a day, but then each week seems like it was just the other day. Anyway. You'd think that at some point I'd stop being amazed at how fast time seems to fly by. But not yet.

So, how goes the work. Well. It's about the same. We met with one of our investigators last Friday and she was honest with us and told us that she is afraid to commit to God because she likes to be rebellious some times. We're working with her and mostly working with her to come to the knowledge that the Lord has her best interests at heart and knows best how to help her in her situation. Aside from that, the rest of our investigators are the same as well. We're working hard, but it can be a little discouraging when it's not readily apparent progress is happening. But the Spirit is present when we teach and we feel good about the lessons after they're through. So that's good!

Elder Hunter and I get along famously! I really love him. He's an awesome guy and I really couldn't ask for a better companion.

Transfers are coming up (June 17th)...I'm pretty sure I won't be transferred, but I think Elder Hunter will be. He's been in this area for 6 months (and it's his greenie area) so he'll probably go. That's sad, but I'm sure the Lord's timing and will is best. That's one of the coolest things about serving a mission, coming to really trust and rely on the Lord.

I love you guys, and I'm really happy to be serving the Lord. I hope all is well and that you guys know I'm doing my best.

I love y'all!
-Elder Michael Starks

P.S. I got a letter/card from Logan this week with some pictures from India. It was awesome! He gave me advice I was asking about for working with people without a Christian background. That kid is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment