Saturday, April 25, 2009

April 23, 2009

Hey Family!

I hope everyone is doing well! Thank you for the pictures of everything!

Do we see the sun here? Yes, we do see the sun. For just about 5 days of so we've had a good deal of sunshine (finally), but even then it hasn't been as gloomy and dreary as I'd come to expect from what everyone has said about the area. Now, the Elders from Arizona have said that there isn't enough sunshine here, but I've been quite happy with the amount we've had. Also, I'm so glad it hasn't been as hot as Texas usually is! That has been really nice! And I must say, it's quite beautiful here, very green and colorful when everything starts blooming. Anyway, what's been new with me? Not much. Same old same old. Still trying to be a better missionary, still trying to wake up on time, and even if I don't wake up on time at least get up when I wake up instead of sleeping in even longer. So that's fun.

Alright, so, how goes the work you're asking yourself by now. It's going alright. This week has been a little slow. Everyone we've had an appointment with so far has canceled or postponed on us so far. The only other appointment we have scheduled is with a girl and that is for Sunday evening. Keep praying for everyone though!

Things seems to be going alright. We're working more on tracting and trying to get the members more involved so we can hopefully get refferals from them. It's slow going, but we're trying new tactics and starting to see a little success. We don't have any solid new investigators yet, but we've got quite a few potentials!

Oh! I have a really cool story about some street contacting we did a few days ago, but I've run out of time and have got to go. I'll try to write a letter today and include that story in there. Needless to say, it was awesome and I loved it! It was so cool to have someone actually respond positively and actually accept a Book of Mormon on the spot!

I love you all and I hope everyone is doing well. It's good to hear that Kaycee is happy and is doing well!

Transfers are May 5th (or whichever Wednesday is close to that).

I love y'all!
-Elder Michael Starks

No comments:

Post a Comment