Monday, April 13, 2009

April 9, 2009

Weekly update -- Alright, so, investigators. The Tommer's are doing well!!! He watched all of conference on Sunday and a little bit on Saturday! He loved it! And she watched at least some of it with him, too! They have changed so much in the past few months! They're happier than they were, and it's a change in their countance more than anything else. We had a lesson with them last night and it went pretty well. We reset a baptismal date of May 10th, just because they haven't been to church enough times yet (well...technically not at all). But they'll be at church on Sunday and they're excited and nervous about it too. We are going to take them on a "building tour" tomorrow morning so that they will know where the building is at and just be able to be in an LDS building at least once before coming to church. We're so excited for them. They said they would pray about May 10th, but they felt good about it. We're into teaching them about commandments that they need to keep before baptism and some they'll keep after baptism. Last night we discussed tithing and they said they would keep it after they were baptized. The one that is probably going to be the hardest for them will be the Word of Wisdom, and we're going to tackle that one next week.

As for other investigators, they're coming along. Everyone else we're teaching are just about in the same place as last time. We're still doing all that we can and trying to help out the Less-Actives in our wards as well. Fun fun times!

We have some new investigators. They have grandchildren who are LDS (and actually, one of their grandchildren is getting married in the Temple on Saturday). We talked to them for a little while on Monday, and we have an appointment next Tuesday with them. Hopefully we'll be able to get somewhere with them! Pray for them, too!

I'm thankful for the prayer from dad! It might not be such a leisurely day as I would like, but it'll be good, I hope! I think I'll be able to buy or borrow a tape player today. Also, I need to copy Elder Nelson's journal entry about my bike wreck and mail that to y'all. The way he described it was just hilarious and mostly accurate (with great embellishments).

Okay, things Elder Starks would love in packages:
-home made cookies
-other home made goodies
-ties (and specifically 100% Polyester ties...most likely to be found in thrift stores...fat ties with awesome patterns on them...the thicker and stiffer, the better...one brand that is usually awesome: Wembly)
-letters
-pictures...current ones!
-CD's (I'll be more specific about that a later time)
-other things of that nature

Don't get me wrong! I like getting packages period...but I've been meaning to write for a little while some of the things I'd really like (if you can't tell, 100% Poly ties are high up on that list) so you guys would know what I'd like.

Anyway, I've gotta go for now! I love you all and I hope everyone is doing well!

I'm so proud of Jill for watching all 4 sessions (yes, we get to watch all 5 sessions of conference, including Priesthood session!). That's so awesome! She should write me and tell me what her favorite talk was. Mine was Kevin W. Pearson. I really liked his talk. It was awesome.

Anyway, I love y'all, y'all'er awesome!

-Elder Starks

No comments:

Post a Comment